For enthusiasts who crave a legendary off-road performance and a new level of on-road performance, Jeep introduces the V-8-powered 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 392.
The most capable, quickest, most powerful Wrangler carries the 6.4-liter V-8, rated at 470 horsepower and 470 pounds-feet of torque. Mated to the TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission and Selec-Trac full-time active transfer case, the powertrain rockets the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 from 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds and the quarter-mile in 13 seconds. Plus, this potent combination comes with a factory-backed warranty.
Away from the pavement, the Trail Rated Wrangler Rubicon 392’s powertrain meshes with heavy-duty wide track Dana 44 axles, a 3.73 final drive ratio, transmission torque converter lockup control, a 2-inch lift and standard 33-inch tires on 17-inch beadlock-capable wheels.
The result is the most capable Jeep Wrangler ever with 10.3 inches of ground clearance; improved suspension articulation and maneuverability; approach, break over and departure angles of 44.5, 22.6 and 37.5 degrees, respectively; and the ability to traverse up to 32.5 inches of water.
Other notable features include:
• Upgraded frame rails, factory 2-inch lift, unique suspension geometry, heavy-duty brakes and FOX high-performance shocks enable improved off-road performance, handling and durability;
• Aggressive, functional exterior appointments include active dual-mode exhaust sound and unique quad tailpipes;
• Functional hood scoop feeds cool, outside air to the V-8 engine:
* Tri-level Hydro-Guide air intake system can channel up to 15 gallons of water a minute away from engine;
* Secondary air path built into the hood allows engine to power the Wrangle; Rubicon 392 up to top speed even if the hood scoop is completely obscured by mud, snow or debris.
• Leather-wrapped steering wheel features an aggressive rim section for extra grip and ergonomic comfort; aluminum paddle shifters are a first for Wrangler;
• Performance-inspired, integrated upper bolsters in the front seats keep driver and passenger secure;
• Off-road Plus drive mode lets drivers lock the rear axle at high speeds while in 4 High;
• Exterior bronze accents denote Wrangler Rubicon 392;
• New half-doors available for those who crave an open-air feeling.
The 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 goes on sale in the first quarter of 2021.